Sunday, February 17, 2008

What would you do with a year off?

Well, as I only have about 9 weeks left here in Bolivia before I head back to Alaska, I'm asking myself if I've done what I've wanted to do here, and what else I really want to accomplish. One thing these 9 months have showed me is that back home, I tell myself I would be doing certain things if I had more time. Now that I do have time for those things here, I have found myself kind of falling into a similar routine and not really desiring the things I craved when I was really busy at home.
For example; I always said I would excersise more if only I had time. Here I excersice a bit more, but not nearly as much as I thought I would. Also I do not pick up my sketch book unless I really get after myself to do it. And sometimes, I choose to do, and really enjoy things that are very similar to what I do at work. Sitting at the computer and working on some project. So I guess the meaning I'll take home with me is that I probably contruct my life more than I think I do in Homer, and its not always external forces making me spend my days how I do. Having had the opportunity to do just what I want this winter, my life is not incredibly different than when I am at home.
On the other hand, I have taken time to do fun stuff and one of them is taking this photo of a plant outside our elevator door on our floor. I also planted a small flower garden as well on our terazza, so yes, I am doing somethings I kind of gave up when I went back to school and work.

No comments: